Sunday 28 September 2014

Scarlet Siren

Since my discovery of the versatility of the classic red lip , its been my saving grace many a time when I find myself in the pickle of "Oh no, too much black". And let's face it, given the underwhelming amount of color in my wardrobe, that situation is never too far around the fashion corner (or runway, if you will). So when a little birdie told me of the #YSLDangerousReds photo competition that advertised a year's worth of YSL products, or a trip to Sydney for a photoshoot with photographer Hugh Stewart, I felt it high time I paid homage to this beautiful colour with this stunning number of a skirt.

Said little birdie and I pulled out all our stops, for the shoot of the most epic proportions was about to go down. Well, I exaggerate, for if you imagine two ridiculously overdressed Asian girls running off to the Royal Exhibition Building you don't exactly get as epic an image as I hoped, but you get the point. I think we'd both agree that this was the most physically trying shoot that we've ever attempted, despite the careless tossing of hair or pensive staring into the distance that (I hope) is being depicted. There was much kneeling, sucking in of protruding bellies and sinking of stiletto heels into the grass to be had. But girls, remember, beauty is pain.

So, #YSLDangerousReds asks me how I wear my red.

Why, as the center of attention, of course, with panache to boot. 











SHOP MY CLOSET 

Photos Credits to Lily

UNICORN LOVE, 
 - R 

8 comments:

  1. Rach, you look gorgeous in everything, but STUNNING in Red! A delightful colour that not everyone can pull off!

    You incredible lady!
    x

    http://www.bigpicturestuff.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for the lovely words, you flatter me so. I guess it was just about mustering up the courage to wear such a bold colour en masse and finding the right shade!

      xo, R

      Delete
  2. You're one of the few I know who can pull off a bright red lipstick! I so love the red skirt as well. The color just complements your skin tone.

    Jessica
    notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment Jess! I could say the same for you. Just looked through your Turks and Caicos photodiary and I must say it's hard to find someone who carries off bohemian flare leg pants as well as you do!

      xo, R

      Delete
  3. Everyone loves it when individuals get together and share thoughts.
    Great website, continue the good work!

    Also visit my page - Lean Fast Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I've been reading your weblog for
    a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and
    give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the excellent job!


    My web blog nibbles and bits catering

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful, beautiful post! Such a beautiful outfit and you look so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete