Sunday 10 August 2014

Checklist

 It's that time of the year again. Winter holidays, two month long hiatus, what's new?

The return of the academic semester saw me being very adventurous with my wardrobe; I bought my first pair of pants in 6 years. Yes, even in winter I donned a skirt/shorts and tights getup, or even worse, simply went bare-legged. I know they keep you warm, but if you're me who prioritizes vanity over comfort, items of restrictive clothing that emphasize my monstrous pear-shaped figure, I can definitely pass up. If I had Gisele Bündchen's legs, sure, I'd wear pants made out of potato sacks for all I cared. But when I stepped rather skeptically into this pair of Uniqlo pants-leggings, I was sold. Believe me when I say they're so comfy, it's like wearing leggings. Next up on the fashion checklist: Midi skirts. 

The 20s club also welcomed it's new member in the month of July. In addition to my irrational fears of small irregular holes and finishing a bottle of shampoo but not the conditioner at the same time (come on, it's not just me, right?), I now fear growing old. Y'know, one day waking up and realizing when you look in the mirror that you've gone wrinkly and own about seven cats. But problems of the quarter life crisis aside, turning the big two-zero has really made me think about my priorities and direction in life. For example, should I get that maxi dress in red or in blue?

Either way, the plan as of today is just to veer further away from making a colossal mess of my life. Wherever that road takes me, I'll deal with as it comes.

















SHOP MY CLOSET
 Topshop gray coat similar here | ZARA bottle green shirt | Indiesin Mandela Necklace

Photo credits: Lily Chen. Go give this girl some lovin'. 


UNICORN LOVE, 
 - R 

19 comments:

  1. Oh my love! These photos are gorgeous!
    Thankyou so much for making a connection with us and commenting on our blog!
    Saving your blog on our bookmarks. love your work lovely one!

    xo

    www.bigpicturestuff.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww how sweet of you, thank you!
      Really love the photography on your blog, all your photos are gorg! Saved your blog too!

      xo, Rach

      Delete
  2. HA i know what you mean with the shampoo / conditioner. i hate when one runs out before the other!
    these photos are beautiful, where were they taken? love the sparkly necklace!

    Sher
    www.shershegoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, and then you buy a big bottle of whichever one has run out, only to find that you're starting the vicious cycle again. #firstworldproblems
      These were taken at Melbourne's Parliament House, the monolithic columns are absolutely breathtaking. You should go have a peek if you're ever in town! :)

      xo, Rach

      Delete
  3. very beautiful pictures, esp love your statement necklace!
    xx nic
    lifevsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow gorgeous photos. also that necklace is amazing!!!

    xoxo...beth
    www.fashiondotnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely lady! Where diamonds are too taxing on the wallet, sparkles are a girl's best friend!

      xo, R

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, that hair! It's so long and gorgeous. I must know your hair care routine.
    You have beautiful style and love the photos.

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina! To be honest I just do as little to it as possible, shampoo and conditioner is all, and I only started using conditioner mid way through last year... oops? If you want long hair, it's simple, just don't cut it! I only trim my hair twice a year :)

      xo, R

      Delete
  6. such a beautiful place! Amazing pics and stunning look!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com
    Instagram Facebook




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, how stunning are those monolithic columns!

      xo, R

      Delete
  7. Love this whole look, the images are beautiful and the location stunning. x

    http://www.thestylemma.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/looking-back.html
    Twitter: @thestylemma
    Instagram: @thestylemma
    Facebook: @thestylemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The photos are courtesy of my photographer, Lily, she really outdid herself with this shoot. I've linked her blog, have a peek at it perhaps?

      xo, R

      Delete
  8. Lovely necklace and coat :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit and the photos are amazing!

    Jessica
    notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also a girl kind of girl, just like you, but I would definitely open an exception to that gorgeous pair! Loving everything about this outfit dear.

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete